Functions and Activities of the Department:
1. Promotion and development of Industries.
4. Organizing Industrial Exhibitions and Buyer-Seller meets, rehabilitation of Sick Units, coordinating various Industrial activities with SIDCO, SICOP etc.
6. 10,000 Kanals of land are being acquired to develop new Industrial Estates or to expand the existing Industrial Estates, besides creating Infrastructural facilities.
7. Various Incentives besides the infrastructural facilities are being provided by the Government to attract investment for setting up of Industrial units in large, Medium and Small Scale Sectors under the Government of India Package (2002) and the State Government Package (2004).
The main features of the Package are:
• 15% Subsidy on Capital investment Plant and Machinery.
• 3% Interest Subsidy on working capital.
• 100% Insurance Cover to Industrial Units.
• 90% Transport Subsidy Tax Incentives.
• Excise Duty Refund on Value Addition.
• Income Tax exemption.
8.State Industrial Policy Fiscal Incentives.
• 100% Subsidy on purchase of new Diesel Generating Sets.
• 100%Subsidy on project report and quality testing equipment.
• 75% Subsidy on Research and Development.
• Special Incentive for brand promotion and modernization.
• Land and power at Concessional rates.
• Price preference upto 15% to local SSI units.
• CST Exemption.
• VAT remission.
10.Handicrafts and Handloom Departments.
Approximately 3.50 lac artisans are engaged in the manufacturing of Handicrafts Products.
The main activities of the handicrafts Sector are as follows:-
• Handicrafts skill development.
• Artisans Training.
• Marketing facilities to artisans and Craftsmen.
• Familiarize / Popularize Crafts in domestic and International market.
• Arranging loan to artisans @ 5% interest subsidy.
• Participate in National & International Exhibitions.
• Avoid distress sale of handicrafts by Craftsman/artisans.